Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness
Conservation, Policy, Recreation
The mission of Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness is to protect, preserve and restore the wilderness character of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and the Quetico-Superior ecosystem.
Our work includes:
- Research into issues that affect the Boundary Waters, including sulfide mining, motorized use, logging, climate change, and invasive species.
- Advocacy with federal and state agencies and lawmakers for the highest level of protection for the wilderness.
- Educating our members and everyone who loves the BWCAW about threats to its wilderness character and how they can help.
- Developing the next generation of wilderness stewards.
- Collaborating with government agencies and partner organizations.