We work on big socio-economic issues including climate change, environmental and energy security, poverty and ecosystem conservation.
Spread the wealth, better everyone's health and keep this planet super cool.
The world is full of challenging issues. Whether it be climate change, resource scarcity and environmental security, conflict resolution, corruption and poverty, biodoiversity loss or the insatiable need for energy. These Big Issues are not confined within polictical or economic borders. A true, transboundary approach across all levels is needed to tackle them.
That is why Geonomics was created.
Geonomics is a group of talented, experienced and passionate individuals who are working to transform our socio-economic systems and improve environmental outcomes while creating profit and poverty alleviation. We work at both the micro and global scale, in all facets of policy and business. This integrated systems approach facilitates better solutions for government, industry and local communities; ensuring decision-making is well informed and mindful of broader economic, social and environmental impacts.
Some of the areas we specialise in are:
- Climate change mitigation & adaptation strategies
- Carbon management, offsets & policy
- Environmental security and risk management (e.g. energy and food security)
- Clean energy systems and policy
- Ecological economics & payment for ecosystem services
- Corporate sustainability
- Environmentally-based video games
- Video documentaries (sustainability / environmental)