Connect the Dots with 1% for the Planet
Thursday, February 13, 2014, 8:30 am – 1:00 pm PDT
Join us at the Citrix Conference Center in Goleta, CA, or remotely via GoToMeeting.
The in-person event is SOLD OUT but you can join us online – please RSVP via Eventbrite
Join us for a conversation about climate change and its implications for food production, water security, energy production and natural resources protection in California and around the globe. Speakers include:
- Lisa Pike Sheehy, Environmental Programs Director, Patagonia
- Jim Osgood, CEO, Klean Kanteen
- David Shroyer, Senior Manager, Sustainability and Critical Facilities, Citrix
- Sandra Postel, Freshwater Conservationist, National Geographic
- Todd Reeves, CEO, Bonneville Environmental Foundation
Hear inspiring stories about the steps companies are taking with their employees and customers to make their businesses more resilient and sustainable in a climate changed world.
The in-person event is sold out but we invite you to join via GoToMeeting for the programming you find most interesting.
Topics for the day include:
9:00 AM PDT: Climate Change: Business Risks and Opportunities
Speaker: Katina Tsongas, Senior Manager, Policy Program, CERES and Director, Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP) and Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR)
- key businesses handle risks and opportunities presented by climate change
- companies of all sizes can calculate their climate footprint
- to support public policies that help companies capture the economic opportunities presented by a climate changed world
10:45 AM PDT: A Deep Dive Into Water
Take a look at water in California — what is happening in the Tri-County area and what are some innovative efforts to engage companies and individuals in restoring key freshwater systems and marine environments.
- Sandra Postel, National Geographic
- Todd Reeves, Bonneville Environmental Foundation
- Christian McGuigan, Participant Media, Change the Course campaign
Are you in California? Join us for a networking and a delicious lunch featuring local, sustainable, seasonal food after the conference (1 pm – 2 pm PDT). Otherwise we’re looking forward to connecting the dots with you via Citrix GoToMeeting (we’ll send you login once you RSVP).