As you might have heard, this year we’re celebrating our 10th anniversary. One of our big anniversary events will take place right here in our home town. We have joined forces with the Mad Marathon in Waitsfield, VT to create the first ever 1% for the Planet Mad Marathon designed to support the nonprofits and partnerships that protect the places we play.
WE WANT YOUR COMPANY HERE. Come celebrate the planet with us!
Save the date: Sunday, July 7, 2013 - Race Day
July 6th, 2013 – Kids run and 1% for the Planet (1% FTP) network meet-up
The marathon is a way to:
- -Grow our movement
- -Celebrate your company’s commitment, and
- -Raise funds for environmental organizations
There are three ways you can get involved:
1. Sponsor the race
There are various levels of sponsorship available. Your sponsorship is considered a donation and part of your 1% FTP commitment for 2013.
- -be included in a virtual bag and a physical bag for participating runners
- -be highlighted in the 10th Anniversary marketplace grand opening
2. Donate product
If sponsorship is not in your company’s budget for this year, product donations for prizes and raffles are a great option. Remember, 25% of your company’s 1% annual commitment can be in-kind donations and/or employee volunteer time.
3. Run for a cause
Your company can support a nonprofit team by either running for or donating to them. Last year one nonprofit earned over $27,000! 1% FTP will also have a team fundraising on behalf of high impact partnerships in the region.
- -Email or call us at 802-496-5408. Please let us know if you have any questions and/or how you’d like to be involved
- -Join our event page on Facebook
- -Stay tuned for other ways to participate over that weekend
We’re looking forward to celebrating all that you do to support our network. Start your training!