Our HallowGREEN costume contest.
Are you someone who takes pride in repurposing your existing wardrobe, while salvaging would-be trash from your recycling bin to create an eco-friendly Halloween costume for you or your family?
Share photos from your HallowGREEN for a chance to win a huge basket of sustainable household goodies (perfect for cleaning up melted candy and pumpkin guts).
HOW TO ENTER
Executive Director, Cassandra Hage, struts her ‘The Orb’ home-made costume. (Read more about The Orb here.)
Take a photo of your upcycled costume or decorations (milk jug skeleton, anyone?).
- Share your creation with us on social media:
- Post a photo of your costume or decorations to our St. Louis Earth Day page
- Tweet us a photo of your costume or decorations at @stlouisearthday with the hashtag #HallowGREEN
- Start a “HallowGREEN” board
- Pin photos of your costume or decorations
- Hashtag all your photos #stlearthday
- Share your HallowGREEN board on our Facebook page
- Upload a photo of your costume or decorations
- Tag @stlearthday
- Use the hashtag #HallowGREEN
- Stay tuned as we announce the winner on Friday, November 1st!
- Only one raffle entry per costume.
- Only one raffle entry per decoration display.
- You only need to share your photo on ONE social media platform (unless you really want to).
- Contest is open to those in the Missouri and Illinois St. Louis regional area. If winner cannot pick up prize from our office, an alternative prize can be awarded.
- Contest ends at 12midnight on October 31.
- The eligibility of costumes or decorations will be determined by SLED staff on an entry-by-entry basis.
- Creative reuse is encourage, but entries that reuse old costumes or thrift store finds will be honored.
- Entries which are deemed offensive or inappropriate will be disqualified and removed.
This awesome collapsible, canvas basket and variety of eco-friendly products was donated by the St. Louis Animal Rights Team, or START. START has been an exhibitor for many years at the St. Louis Earth Day Festival. You can find them in the Earth Day Cafe neighborhood, serving up meat-free goodies as a fundraiser for their organization.
Also included in the prize package is a certificate from Green Dining Alliance-certified Urban Eats Cafe in Dutchtown. Hold a gathering for 25 to 100 of your friends, and don’t worry about the rental fee or a spending minimum!
…What are you waiting for? Share your HallowGREEN!
Click here to read the full post