One Year Anniversary
PRESS RELEASE: NOVEMBER 1, 2013
Flyfishbonehead & Tail Fly Fishing Magazine are celebrating a milestone…. Our one-year anniversary!
“We launched Flyfishbonehead in 2012 and we’re happy to celebrate our one-year anniversary. Tail Fly Fishing Magazine, an offshoot of Flyfishbonehead, is our digital publication and remains free for all viewers. One year might not seem like much time, but we are working hard to provide you with unique & useful content and to support conservation.”
This is what we have done in our first year:
- Become the world’s top resource for fly fishing in saltwater.
- Established financial & media-supported status with non-profit organizations like the IGFA, the Bonefish & Tarpon Trust, One Percent for the Planet & the Del Brown Permit Tournament. (Our founder participated in the most recent Del Brown tourney, and he would have won it except that the wind was howling right at him, and plus the sun was in his eyes.)
- Contributed financial & media support to eco-tourism and partnered with EcoFreaks through 2015.
- Worked with locals in Nairobi to create a fly-tying facility in the heart of Kenya that will employ as many as 30 citizens there. A much needed economic boost to the residents and their families.
5. Continue to promote conservation and working toward making the world a better place.
As you can see, we’ve done a lot in our first year and we plan to keep on going. We’re driven by our passion and determination; we know you are too. We want to be your home base for all saltwater endeavors.
Stop by and visit us at Flyfishbonehead to see all the changes and improvements to the site. The redesigned & re-engineered Flyfishbonehead World Map of Fly Fishing will be unveiled in late 2013; we are super excited about how functional & easy to use it is, and we’re confident that you will find it to be an invaluable tool in planning your next saltwater trip.
We’ll release issue 7 of Tail Fly Fishing Magazine on September 1, 2013. It is 80+ pages of beautiful imagery from remote destinations all over the world, awesome articles and has some really neat anniversary features that you’ll love. Please check it out and tell your friends.
Hope to see you again soon.
Founder & Co-Editor of Tail Fly Fishing Magazine