Food Services Supervisor
Conservation Halton is a community based environmental agency that works in partnership with watershed municipalities and the Province of Ontario to protect the natural environment. We also manage a number of parks for education and recreation including Glen Eden Ski & Snowboard Centre, Crawford Lake, Mountsberg Conservation Area, Rattlesnake Point, Mount Nemo, and Hilton Falls.
Reporting to the Manager, Visitor Services, this highly motivated individual is responsible for the successful management of the food service and vending program at Kelso/Glen Eden.
- Prepare weekly inventory counts for concessions, orders, and receiving and maintaining stock
- Report on discrepancies to the Manager, Visitor Services through weekly exception analysis on spoilage and cash variances
- Ensure all corporate cash handling policies and procedures are followed by all Concession staff
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance of departmental policies regarding hygiene, health and safety and sanitation procedures
- Operate a successful food service program
- Prepare weekly management statements and forecasts
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, motivating, training & developing food service staff
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations
- Participate in Designate Day Manager rotation
- Other duties as required to contribute to the team effort and to achieve the objectives of the department.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience in the food services industry
- Ability to develop, promote and maintain professional levels of customer service
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel and Point of Sales equipment
- Strong mathematical and organizational skills
- Demonstrate flexibility in order to adapt to daily challenges associated with the operation of the area
- Ability to provide a satisfactory criminal record check
- Previous resort, ski, or recreational experience an asset
- Able to travel to a site not serviced by public transportation
- $18.73 – $23.48 per hour (salary negotiable upon candidate’s experience)
- Full benefit package, including health, dental, vision care, life and disability insurance and membership in the OMERS Pension Plan
- Staff identification pass which entitles you to free entry to all of our conservation areas, free skiing and snowboarding, and discounts on goods, services, cafeteria food, events with a participation fee, equipment rentals and tubing!
Click here to read the full post