Directions from Montalcino to Il Palazzone
On arrival at Montalcino there is a roundabout with a mosaic on it just below the medieval Fortress.
Drive around the roundabout and past the Parafarmacia (green cross).
Exit immediately on the right in between the BAR TERRAZZE / PARAFARMACIA and the CARABINIERI police station. The road is marked Via del Poggiolo.
Follow this road past a new block of flats and the cemetery. Ignore Via del Renaio on the right.
It becomes a “white road”: a bumpy dirt track.
Keep driving and follow the signs that say IL PALAZZONE VENDITA DIRETTA OLIO E VINO.
Do not take the first right turn.
There is wooden sign that says IL PALAZZONE.
Turn right here and drive downhill. Within seconds you will reach the UFFICIO.
Directions to Montalcino from FCO- Rome Airport
- Exit the airport heading northwest to the exit for route A12 toward Civitavecchia (65 km)
- Continue onto E80/SS1 (103 km)
- Take the exit E78/S S223 toward Roselle/Grosetto Centro/Siena
- Continue for approximately 21 km until the exit for Paganico
- Continue straight through the roundabout, onto Via del Cipressino
- Turn left onto Via Bellaria (at this point, you will see signs for Montalcino as well)
- Turn left on Via del Poggiolo, before you reach the roundabout. If you get to the roundabout in Montalcino with the mosaic, go through it and follow the directions above.
Click here to read the full post